Your organization’s purchased electricity use can be a significant source of air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. Buying green power can help reduce your organization’s environmental impact while also providing valuable benefits:
- Reduce your organization’s carbon footprint associated with purchased electricity
- Hedge against future electricity price increases (certain products)
- Serve as a brand differentiator
- Generate customer, investor, or stakeholder loyalty and employee pride
- Make significant contributions to achieving Corporate Sustainability goals.
- Create positive publicity and enhance your organization’s public image
- Demonstrate civic leadership
Large datacenters consume enormous amounts of energy. Since 2012 Greenpeace has started reporting on use of renewable energy sources to power these data centers. Many of the largest Cloud computing companies, Google, Apple, Amazon, Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, etc. are rated based on their clean energy usage. Energy requirements are growing more than 20% per year despite a soft global economy. An increasing number of cloud companies have started to take charge of their electricity supply chain by signing long-term contracts to buy electricity via a PPA.
PPAs lead to better:
- use of capital
- reduced and predictable electricity spend
- power that is always on
- power that is high in quality
- brand protection as a “clean” cloud provider
Hotels and casinos have unique characteristics that provide them compelling opportunities for installing CHP systems. These operations operate around the clock and the majority of the industry has continued significant thermal and electric loads at night. : The significant requirements that could be advantageously satisfied with IPU’s technologies capitalizing waste heat from IPU’s complete energy solutions.